ChildLight Yoga for Babies & Toddlers Teacher Training
For those who wish to share yoga with babies and toddlers through 2 years of age.
Learn to share yoga with babies and toddlers!Whether you are a parent, childcare professional, or adult yoga instructor, if you work with babies or toddlers through 2 years old, this training will provide you with the tools and inspiration you need to successfully integrate yoga-based movement, songs, games, and relaxation into the day.
The training will cover infant and early childhood development and education on how practicing yoga can support the social, emotional and physical development, as well as overall contentment and comfort, of babies and toddlers, newborn through 2 years. Attendees will learn playful and developmentally appropriate movements, songs and pacing techniques to incorporate into a daycare routine, postnatal yoga class, or yoga class for babies and toddlers. Includes an illustrated manual, sample lessons, continuing education suggestions and a list of additional resources.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The ChildLight Yoga for Babies & Toddlers Training is open to any adult interested in supporting the health and wellness of babies and toddlers, including:
- childcare professionals working with infants and toddlers
- yoga instructors wishing to offer mommy & me style classes
- children’s yoga instructors wishing to offer toddler classes
- child psychologists
- family therapists
- social workers
- occupational therapists
- physical therapists
- and any others who regularly work with infants and toddlers
*We love babies and toddlers, however this training is for adults only. Little ones are invited to demo classes only. Nursing mom’s are always welcome.*
- supporting early childhood development with yoga
- infant and toddler friendly poses adapted for specific developmental stages, newborn to early preschool
- sequences for nap/bedtime, fussiness/colic, easing digestion, playtime and more
- songs, activities, and creative movement ideas
- best practices for teaching babies and toddlers
- strategies for including babies in postnatal yoga classes for mom
- strategies for including younger siblings in a parent-child class for preschoolers
- class setting adaptations/considerations
- lesson planning
- prop suggestions
- tips for improvising
- behavior management techniques specific to toddlers and early preschoolers
- opportunities for both practice teaching and ‘being’ the child/student
- marketing and business tips
- thorough list of useful resources… and much more.
REQUIRED FOR TRAINING
Please bring a soft-bodied, infant-sized doll, ideally weighted in the middle. Plastic arms and legs are fine. There are many suitable brands and you may feel free to use something you already own. The following dolls are excellent options:
• JC Toys 20” La Baby
•The JC Toys Lots to Cuddle line of dolls comes in several skin tones
•The My Sweet Love 20″ Soft Baby
It is not necessary to be a Registered Adult Yoga Teacher (RYT) or complete our 95 hour RCYS program in order to attend our trainings. Participants must attend the reuqired 18 contact hours. Candidates who attend all required training hours and successfully complete the certification process will be listed as a Certified ChildLight Yoga Instructor on our website and be invited to access our Baby & Toddler yoga class video library!
$425, includes cost of materials and optional certification. Click here for Scholarship Opportunities & Group Discounts which are available on a limited basis.
Have you taken a ChildLight Yoga Teacher Training and need a refresher? Re-take any training for $100. A new manual will be an additional cost.
For additional information regarding ChildLight Yoga trainings, visit our FAQ Page here.