ChildLight Yoga & Mindfulness for Children Teacher Training
An inspiring training for those who wish to share yoga with children ages 2 – 12+ years
ChildLight Yoga & Mindfulness for Children Teacher Training is an incredibly fun, interactive and educational experience! A passion for yoga and a love for children is at the core of this training. This comprehensive kids’ teacher training program is designed to provide adult yoga practitioners with the tools and knowledge needed to share the gifts of yoga and mindfulness with children.
Teach yoga and mindfulness to children ages 2-12+ years! Whether you are seeking to incorporate what you learn into your current work with children, or looking to teach yoga to children as a career, our team of knowledgeable trainers will provide you with the information and inspiration necessary to begin doing so immediately.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Adults with 1+ yrs. yoga practice who LOVE children, including:
- yoga teachers
- yoga students
- preschool – grade 8 educators
- physical education and health education teachers
- school or family counselors
- child psychologists
- social workers
- occupational therapists
- physical therapists
- camp counselors
- recreation directors
- and any others who regularly work with children
- breathing exercises appropriate for children
- loads of child-friendly yoga poses
- mindfulness and relaxation techniques
- age appropriate visualizations for children
- creating and using themes and stories
- best practices for teaching different age groups
- yoga games
- partner & group poses
- kid-friendly songs and chants
- simple creative movement routines
- prop suggestions
- class setting adaptations/considerations
- lesson planning/sequencing
- incorporating music, songs, crafts, books and yogic themes
- how to best prepare for class
- tips for improvising
- adaptations for special groups: special needs children, teens, families, etc.
- behavior management techniques that support a loving, non-competitive environment and encourage respect for self and others
- possible observation of a sample ChildLight Yoga class (live or via video)
- opportunities for both practice teaching and ‘being’ the child/student
- marketing and business tips
- thorough list of useful resources and much more.
Participants will also leave with a variety of sample lesson plans as part of the overall ChildLight Yoga and Mindfulness Teacher Training manual, dubbed ‘the bible of kids’ yoga’ by past participants. You will leave the training feeling joyful and uplifted having spent the weekend ‘playing’ yoga!
It is not necessary to be a Registered Adult Yoga Teacher (RYT) or complete our 95 hour RCYS program in order to attend our trainings. Participants must attend the required 18 contact hours and successfully complete the optional certification process to earn 26 hours toward the ChildLight Yoga 95 hour Registered Children’s Yoga School (18 contact + 8 non-contact as allowed by the Yoga Alliance organization) and will be listed as a Certified ChildLight Yoga Instructor on our website.
$425, includes cost of materials and optional certification. Click here for Scholarship Opportunities & Group Discounts which are available on a limited basis.
Have you taken a ChildLight Yoga Teacher Training and need a refresher? Re-take any training for $100. A new manual will be an additional cost.
For important information including Recommended Reading and what to bring to this training visit our FAQ page here.