ChildLight Yoga & Mindfulness in Schools Teacher Training
Do you find yourself asking, “As a children’s yoga teacher, how do I bring ChildLight Yoga into the schools?” This training has the answers! Let the creators of ChildLight Yoga and Yoga 4 Classrooms teach you everything we know about bringing yoga and mindfulness education into preschools, elementary, middle and high schools.
Become empowered to share your gifts in a variety of school contexts including during or after school enrichment programs, PE classes, health fairs, specials, field day, and the classroom setting. You will learn best practices for contacting schools and gaining support for implementation, adapting your teaching and language for the school environment, ensuring inclusivity, modifying for space constraints, managing large groups, lesson planning, business tips and tools, practice teaching and much more.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
– School counselors
– Occupational Therapists
– Other school professionals who are in a unique position to integrate yoga and mindfulness programming at school.
*Please note that our affiliate, Yoga 4 Classrooms, offers extensive information, best practices, tools and resources especially designed for school professionals inspired to lead yoga and mindfulness implementation at their schools.
– Explore special considerations for teaching children and youth in preschools, elementary schools, middle schools and high school settings.
– Discuss solutions, tips and tricks for teaching in unique settings and situations, such as outdoors, in classrooms, with large groups, mixed age groups, and how to make yoga widely accessible and inclusive for all who wish to participate.
– Devise plans for classes in the classroom, during the school day, after school enrichment programs, on-going classes and one time teaching opportunities, and supporting athletic teams.
– Explore best practices for adapting language to a classroom, what props (if any) work best in the school environment, and whether taking off shoes is necessary for a yoga practice.
– Consider business topics such as pricing, creating agreements for services, liability insurance, and other considerations.
– Participate in a live Q&A with Lisa Flynn, founder and CEO of ChildLight Yoga and Yoga 4 Classrooms.
It is not necessary to be a Registered Adult Yoga Teacher (RYT) or complete our 95 hour RCYS program in order to attend our trainings. Participants must attend the required 15 contact hours. Candidates who attend all required training hours and successfully complete the certification process will be listed as a Certified ChildLight Yoga Instructor on our website.
$345, includes cost of materials and optional certification. Click here for Scholarship Opportunities & Group Discounts which are available on a limited basis.
Have you taken a ChildLight Yoga Teacher Training and need a refresher? Re-take any training for $100. A new manual will be an additional cost.
For more important information, including recommended reading, and what to bring to this training, please visit our FAQ page.