Yoga & Mindfulness for Tweens and Teens Teacher Training
An inspiring training for those who wish to share the practice with tweens and teens ages 10-18.
ChildLight Yoga & Mindfulness for Tweens and Teens is an adult yoga teacher training designed to inspire and empower those who work with adolescents. Learn to share yoga and mindfulness tools developed especially for youth ages 10-18 years in this inspiring, “transformative” training intensive. Support tweens and adolescents in developing self-awareness, emotional resilience, healthy body image, and compassion through asana, breathing practices, meditation, community building, “mat chats” and more. Leave the training empowered to make a significant difference in the lives of tweens and teens.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This intensive is designed for adults who work with pre-adolescent and adolescent youth including:
• Physical Education and Health Education Teachers
• Yoga Instructors or Children’s Yoga Instructors wishing to offer a yoga program for tweens and teens
• School or Family Counselors
• Social Workers
• Occupational Therapists
• Physical Therapists
• Child Psychologists
• Camp Counselors
• Recreation Directors
• And any others who regularly work with tweens and teens
NOTE: Though it is not necessary to have completed an adult yoga teacher training, it’s strongly recommended that participants have experience with yoga postures and alignment through their own practice. Though not required, if this is your first exposure to children’s yoga, you will benefit tremendously from first attending the ChildLight Yoga & Mindfulness for Children Training prior to participating in this intensive.
Learn how to support youth as they navigate through the tween and teen years by providing opportunities to build self-esteem and promote healthy body image while teaching as well as tools for coping with stress and peer pressure in a fun, non-competitive, inclusive environment.
• Neuroscience of the teenage brain and physiology: why tweens and teens feel and act as they do
• Yoga Poses with modifications and suggestions for engagement and safety
• Partner & Group Poses for building community and confidence
• Breathing Exercises for reducing stress and anxiety
• Yogic Philosophy made relevant to tweens and teens
• Yoga Games: learning and connecting vs. competing
• Engaging mindfulness practices to support self awareness and self regulation
• Visualization and relaxation techniques to support emotional resilience
• Introduction to Mudras: yoga for your hands, whaaat?
• Introduction to Chakras: What’s energy got to do with it?
• “Mat chats” for class and beyond promoting reflection, curiosity and awe
• Lesson Planning best practices for creating successful, engaging classes
• Teaching Tips and tools ensuring buy-in, creating a safe place, and more
• Marketing and business strategies
• Resources for continued growth and education
It is not necessary to be a Registered Adult Yoga Teacher (RYT) or complete our 95 hour RCYS program in order to attend our trainings. Participants must attend the required 18 contact hours. Candidates who attend all required training hours and successfully complete the certification process will be listed as a Certified ChildLight Yoga Instructor on our website.
$425, includes cost of materials and optional certification. Click here for Scholarship Opportunities & Group Discounts which are available on a limited basis.
Have you taken a ChildLight Yoga Teacher Training and need a refresher? Re-take any training for $100. A new manual will be an additional cost.
For more information about ChildLight Yoga trainings, visit our FAQ Page Here.